Our school lunches are tasty and nutritious. Children have a choice of a hot main course, jacket potatoes or deli sandwich/roll/wrap with a choice of filling and salad bar. There are vegetarian options every day and we can cater for allergies/special dietary needs (see below for more details).
All school lunches are free to our Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children as part of the Government’s Universal Free School Meals Scheme. All meals for KS2 children cost £1.90.
Free School Meals/Milk:
There are a number of good reasons to apply for free school meals even if your child is in Nursery/KS1 or doesn’t have a school dinner –
- As well as a free lunch, your child will get free milk every day.
- Once a child goes on free school meals they stay on them until the end of their time in our school – you never need to reapply and it does not matter if your circumstances change.
- Many of our children receive a free school dinner and milk. If you are entitled, why not claim!
- Your child might have a packed lunch, but if they ever change their mind or you have a week where you don’t have time to plan/buy packed lunches they can go straight on to hot dinners without it costing you anything.
- Our school lunches are tasty, nutritious and won’t cost you a penny if you are eligible! We even have a deli bar where children can choose a sandwich or roll with ham, cheese or tuna and salad.
- Children receiving free school meals and milk also get additional school funding called ‘pupil premium’ – for more details see our website page ‘Premium Funding’.
If you receive any of the following benefits you may be eligible. It’s easy to apply – just visit the Liverpool City Council page here for more information and to apply. Or ask at the school office for an application form – complete it, pass it back to the office and they will apply for you.
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Support
Allergies/special dietary needs
We understand that parents can be concerned about their child having a school dinner if they have food allergies or special dietary needs. Our caterers, ABsolutely Catering, are highly experienced in this area – they will talk to you personally about your child’s needs before they start on school dinners and are always contactable if you ever have any questions or concerns. Just ask at the School Office to be put in contact with our Catering Manager, Tracey Clarke.
Catering at Longmoor is provided by a 3rd-party provider, ABsolutely Catering. ABsolutely Catering brings a refreshing new concept for schools catering with a zest and vibrancy that gives pupils a place they want to eat, in comfortable and familiar surroundings. The food offering is traditional whilst slowly introducing new tastes and eating experiences in a fun and exciting way.
For more information about ABsolutely Catering, please click here.